Thursday 29 March 2012

Belated Blog About Mother's Day

Whoops! Between illness and loads of Guiding meetings, the last few days seem to have vanished on me! I havent't had any time at all for crafting and yes I have missed it! Today I managed to get a few backgrounds done in my random art journal so will try to post them in the next few days.

First however, Mother's Day!! Yes I know it was ages ago but I really wanted to share what I made.
Since it's arrival, I have been an avid reader of Scrap365. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out today, it's absolutely amazeballs!! So much inspiration and talent!!
Anyhoo, a couple of issues back (I forget which) Kim Woods created an amazing papiermache mannequin and I thought hw I could scrap lift it.

I began by covering the mannequin with a layer of gesso and stamped a black butterfly randomly using archival ink.

I then tore squares of patterned paper from BoBunny and punched them with a flower punch. Using Modge-Podge, I adhered these around the lower half of the mannequin layering both the squares and the flowers to resemble a skirt.
Next I created small flowers by layering 4 punched flower shapes and pining together with a tiny brad. I distressed the bottom flower with crushed olive distress ink and highlighted the petals on the others with black soot distress ink.
I created a "skirt" around the bottom edge with a piece of vintage lace and made a waist using black gingham celebration ribbon and olive ribbon from My Mind's Eye.



Next step was to spray some white Papermania flowers with Stampasaurus spray in and layer with a hold to hold togther. I cut two strips from the BoBunny paperstack, distress with crushed olive distress ink and attached to the back.
I randomly placed adhesive gems in a flourish pattern, before glueing all of the flowers using silicon glue.
To finish, I tied a variety of ribbons around the middle including a pair of scissors and a key that I brought from Hobbycraft.  Before making a rosette with Gorguss Paper and Tim Holtz Rosette die and adding ideo-logy watch face to the rear.




I love how this turned out and nearly kept it for myself however Mum loved it and it gave me warm fuzzies to know that she liked it.
Plus I soon brought another mannequin to make myself one!


No comments:

Post a Comment