Monday 27 February 2012

New Year



I know we're almost at the end of February but I wanted to start sharing my random art journal with you.

The basic idea behind it was to find a quote or sentiment stamp that summed up that day and create a page around it.

Well obviously I'm already miles behind but I am managing to keep up with quotes etc, for some reason there just isn't enough hours in the day to complete everything that I need to lol

Ok, so for page 1

"Cheers to a New Year and another chance to get it right!" Oprah Winfrey

For this page I applied blue and green acrylic paints using a babywipe and dried with a heat tool.

With a darker blue and white acrylics, using various sized bottle lids, Lego pieces and an old credit card, I printed randomly across the page.

Using a gold marker, I highlighted various details and added journaling under the main quote done in black pen.

I used foam number stamps from The Works and staz-on ink for the dates and the character is from Stampotique coloured with Promarkers.

The crow is from a Dylusions stamp set available from Art from The Heart.

I really like how this turned out especially as it was one of my earliest attempts at art journaling.

Feel free to comment, would love sonera feedback xx

No comments:

Post a Comment